"Hi there and thanks a lot for visiting my blog. DFTBA!"

7/14/2012

Charade by Cambria Hebert

title: Charade
written by: Cambria Hebert
series: Heven and Hell #2
genre: young adult, paranormal romance
page count: 331
publication date: May 18th, 2012
my rating: 5/5 Stars!


Dying at the hands of a psycho was a shock. Having my life returned to me by an angel was incredible. Being named a Supernatural Treasure and being given Sam as my guard was pretty darn awesome. Acquiring a debt for it all - well, I should have seen it coming. Now here we are, fighting demons from hell, caring for a boy that I just don't trust and traveling to faraway places to return a treasure to its rightful place. Nothing is as it seems. Everyone wears a mask, everyone puts on a charade. It's up to us to separate the truth from the lies and reality from fiction. A hard task when my new reality involves fallen angels, witches and dragons...and did I mention hell? Anchoring me down through it all is Sam. Sam who must face tragedies of his own and is put to the test again and again. If we fail in our task, life as we know it - life as you know it - will end. Forever.

This review includes spoilers for Masquerade, the first part of this series. For my spoiler-free review of Masquerade, please click THIS LINK.


"Knowing that there is a charade somehow going on around us - I just haven't been able to see post it."

Pretty cover alert!! I saw that Charade was published, and only then I looked at the cover of it. And I was like; OMG it's Sam. He's pretty! I need this book now! (and more fangirling stuff). So I read it and I loved it even more than I loved Masquerade. And that is one of my favorite books of the first half of 2012! If you haven't read it you should totally check it out, it really deserves more readers and fans!

As soon as you start to read Charade, you are thrown into the story. No long introduction, but just BAM! book 2 starts. And that's amazing. Long introductions are easy for people that haven't read the first book(s) or people who have forgotten about it. I don't belong to either group for this book, so luckily there was no long introduction. Heven and Sam are still in love, and their romance is so cute! But there is the task Sam and Heven have to fulfill that makes it all so difficult. They have a scroll that has to be returned. That doesn't sound as a very hard task, but most definitely is. The whole world is depending on it. If the scroll falls into the wrong hands, life as we know it will end! Demons are haunting Heven and everyone she and Sam like. Life has never been more difficult.

This book kept on surprising me. The plot had some major unexpected twists and turns, and my interest was at its highest level throughout the whole book. All the time I was predicting what would happen, and all the time I was wrong. It might all sound cliché. In the first book they meet, in the second book their love is threathened by an impossible task, but this novel surely is not as cliché as it sounds. Not at all!

Heven is a kick ass heroine! I mean, Katniss like kick ass! She doesn't fight a lot, but at least she wants to, which really impresses me. Most of today's female YA characters are just good girlfriends, always listening to their boyfriends, but Heven is different. She really likes Sam, but also chooses what she wants to do for herself, not only what he wants her to do. And that's what I love about her, that she is so strong.


I give this book 5 stars because it's super original, highly entertaining and full of romance and suspense. Is there anything else a good book needs? Make sure to check it out some time soon!


Love,
Mar

No comments: